collect2.exe error in VS Code solved
Beginners face this collect2.exe error in VS Code while learning programming. This error mostly occurs due to following following :
- Program still running in background
- Compiler not installed correctly
- Code is not saved
Solutions for this are :
- Disable antivirus. If using Windows defender then turn off only real-time protection
- Save your program first.
- Reinstall compiler(recommend to watch and install from legit youtube video
- Open Task Manager by ctrl+Shift+tab. Go to details section or process section and find a program running by your code’s filename. Right click on it and click on End Task.
- Best solution. Use CodeBlocks!!!!